Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It amazes me how quickly things change with a baby. He was sleeping 5-6 hours a night since right before Christmas...nightly. It was amazing how refreshed I felt! However, that has changed within the last week or so...He would sleep ALL day and then he wouldn't go to sleep until around 3 am or so...so much for being refreshed! Saturday night, we stayed at Josh's parents, and I was so worried that he wouldn't sleep well. (Josh's mom keeps him on Saturday nights and lets us sleep.) Well, he slept WONDERFULLY! He was asleep by 8:30. He woke up to feed around 10:00, and then he didn't wake up again until 4:30 a.m. He was up most of the day Sunday. He took an hour nap and an hour and a half nap! So I was absolutely sure that he would sleep well Sunday night, but I was wrong! He decided that he didn't want to sleep. He wanted to eat (every hour!) He only wanted to eat about 2 oz. though. Finally, about 4:30 a.m. he decided to go to sleep. He slept until a little after 11:30. When will we get back on track?

To make things worse, I have the WORST pain all the way across the bottom of my abdomen. It's like a constant cramp that never eases up. It's started within the last few days, and it still hasn't went away. Also, this whole post partum bleeding thing is still sticking around. It eased up for a while (I spotted for about 2 days around 3 weeks post partum). Now, it's back full force. I'm passing clots, and it's starting to scare me. I talked to a home health nurse today and she told me that I needed to call my ob/gyn tomorrow and see what they say. That may mean another 3 hour trip to Conway...alone, if it's something that I need to be seen for.

Wow! The joys/uncertainties/sleeplessness of motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment